Sunday, May 07, 2006

In My Arms



"All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms"
- Depeche Mode







Sunday I was hired to paint a mural in a nursery. On the way there, I spotted some toys by the curb and I made Robert turn the car around. I jumped out and asked if they were being discarded. "Take 'em all!", the fellow replied and I tossed them in the trunk for Satch. The toys were in minty condition. I grabbed a teeter-totter, two chunky trucks and some swell sand toys.

Gathering up these little treasures for my boy put me in a really great mood for painting. I worked all day painting sea creatures, stopping only to pump breast milk. When Robert and Satch came to pick me up, we joined the BBQ taking place outside and ate a juicy grilled Portobello.

Yesterday - I transplanted Day Lillies and Dahlias from one bed to another and watered the seedlings in the western bed. I noticed that our apple tree was in bloom and the smell was heavenly. We could hear the drone of the bees in the tree top. In the late afternoon, Satch and I sat in the grass, ate some Cheerios, dodged a few bees, and had a few laughs before my camera strap became a chew toy.

Daddy bought Satch this adorable red bucket hat. What I like about it is that you can shape it...it can look like a fedora one minute and a cowboy hat the next. It sort of fits his persona: The Groovy Satch Master Flash. He acquired his DJ name when he began mixing beats in his Intellitainer.



Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 8:41 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home