Monday, May 15, 2006

Fleur Du Jour

"The earth laughs in flowers" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The sun came out so Satch and I seized the moment and went out for one of our discovery walks. Branches, no longer bare, provided a canopy of green. The quilt of lawns beneath were dappled with sunlight. There was one Gingko tree in the neighborhood...and my mind drifted to the Gingko trees that line Leroy Street in Greenwich Village and how they look very much like a pointillist painting. I always thought it should be called Seurat Street instead of Leroy.


We discovered Lilacs in bloom. I picked a small branch and tickled his nose with it so that he could inhale the scent.















I spotted some very small blooms growing beneath a hedge. Waxy and pastel, they looked more suited for a cake than the earth.















We returned for lunch and a nap. Satch napped for 10 minutes and awoke crying. We played in the living room for a bit before trying another nap. Just when I thought he was settling in to some sort of routine he spices things up a bit. My kindred mama, Pixie, reminded me in a recent email, not to have any expectations. I think this is brilliant! If I don't expect Satchel to nap, it will be a nice surprise when he does...and if he doesn't, I won't be disappointed.

As Oscar Wilde once said, "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative".

Thanks, Satch, for keeping me guessing.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 2:19 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home