Saturday, April 15, 2006

Raindrops and Puddles














I put a rain shield on the stroller, donned a raincoat and took satch for an afternoon stroll. I could see satchel through the sunroof of the pram. Every so often, he would look up at me and smile. He was enjoying our rainy day parade. The scent of the air was fabulous. We could smell the new grass, the damp earth and there was a faint scent of early blooms. I kept my stride slow and mindful so that we could clearly hear the patter of the raindrops hitting the stroller, and so that we wouldn't miss any wonders or beauty. The gentle pattering and my deliberate gait lulled satchel to sleep. after he nodded off, I shot this photo of the perfect raindrop.











I stopped to photograph this puddle and noticed that the rain drove the earth worms to surface from their dark, dank homes. Befuddled by the morning light, they try to find their way home across the dry, rough pavement and become easy targets for birds, cars and the heat of the sun. I saved 8 wormy lives this morning. That must be worth something.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:06 PM

7 Comments:

Blogger pinkcoyote said...

saving earthworms! one of my favorite pasttimes! i'm so glad to be back in action and checking your posts-i missed you and satchel so much! i LOVED the photos of the fornicating woodchucks. it made my entire week. i play satchel's milk signing video almost every day. yipppeee! the sun is out...

2:11 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

beautiful HUGE raindrop.

1:36 PM  
Blogger PixieDust said...

I just want to cocoon in that raindrop and watch the world! Lovely photo.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Di said...

The raindrop photograph is beautiful - I half expect to see a small fairy swimming around inside it!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Julie @ Letter9 said...

Gorgeous photos. I especially love that raindrop.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

both photos are amazing!!!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You certainly brought "time" to a standstill with your raindrop picture!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home