Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Afterbath















I held his hands and he walked to the tub. He lifted his leg and tried to step into it. He loves the bath. The moment he sits down, he grabs for a toy and splashes with his free hand. I let him play while I bathe him. I ask (and sign), "Are you finished?" and he shakes his head "NO". When he's had enough he will hold out his arms for me to pick him up. Somehow, he feels smaller without clothes and I wrap his slippery, wet body in a towel and hug him tight for warmth.

Satch has a family of rubber ducks to play with in his bath. One of them, by Munchkin, has a temperature sensitive bottom that turns white when the water is too hot. Satchel really likes the floating fish thermometer (pictured). I still triple check by testing the water on my arm. Satchel also gets a kick out of the bath critters that his Great-Great aunt and uncle gave him.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:31 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

100 kisses to that sweet, smart little boy.
Love him!!!!!!

12:58 PM  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

what a wonderful picture of this little guy!!! i have to check out the sensitive bottomed duck-that sounds like something i would like to have! i bathe with miles in the tub, so i can usually tell, but at some point that poor child is going to kick me out...
i love the visual of satchel "walking" to the tub holding your hands. just love it, wendy. you and he are so inspiring. thank you.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home