Monday, February 06, 2006

Wonder Time


A new magazine is on the stands called, "Wondertime". It has the look and feel of "Real Simple"...the photography is dreamy and it's sprinkled with wonderful quotes for inspiration. The mission of this magazine is "to revel in the simple joys of raising a child, and to see the world as children do - as an awe-inspiring place". This waxes poetic with me.

On page 147, there is a terrific article by Daniel Pinkwater entitled "Don't Read Just Anything" and to quote Daniel, "half the story books published are just as mind numbing as bad tv...half of children's books are a disgraceful waste of trees". I couldn't agree with him more. Here is a list of some wonderful, imaginative children's books that I recommend.

While Satchel was napping to the sound of world lullabies, I was inspired to create a list of some really cool kid's music that grown-ups won't mind listening to.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 1:01 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your recommendation of Wondertime, and for your book list on Amazon. I have a lot of children's book lists on my own website, but yours has some that I wasn't familiar with (the Carrot Seed book in particular looks like a lot of fun). Thanks! Jen

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home