Monday, January 16, 2006

Parenting

Julie showed me this passage she found on Patricia Lynn Reilly's website and I felt the power of the words deep within my soul.

This is now my prayer, my creed, my mantra:

"As I parent in the way I wish I had been parented, the child in me is healed. When I think of my child, deep emotion rises. From the depth of my heart, I say, 'I don't want you to ever be abused. I don't want your power to be squashed'. And from the depth of my soul, I stand up loud and strong for you. I say, 'Be loud and strong. Shout as much as you want. Be full of yourself. Shine as bright as you can. Be quiet and vulnerable. Hide whenever you need to'. I celebrate your energy, your challenging spunky nature, your clear YESes - and your very clear NOs. I celebrate your humor, your beauty, and your body." - Moizee

Yes! Shine bright, dear Satchel...my beautiful, my world, my true...I celebrate you!!!
Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 1:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home