Monday, January 30, 2006

About A Family

I've been debating whether or not I should post this because I didn't know how the family would feel about it. After much consideration, I felt that the nameless should be named. I believe that something as devastating and traumatic as a house fire deserves more than a small, impersonal blurb in the local paper. This, after all, is about a family...it could have been any of us.

On Wednesday January 25th, the house that the Connors Family were renting went up in flames and with it, all their belongings. As I understand, the kitchen was totally destroyed, as was the boys' playroom and toys. All soft items like mattresses, pillows, linens, clothing, sofa and chairs can not be salvaged. The Connors are in the process of trying to find somewhere to live. The news article does mention "the cold and what not" (the "what not" being wind, snow and ice) but it didn't seem to mention that the mother grabbed her children and ran from the burning home without putting shoes on her feet.

We are looking into starting a fund to help this family get settled. Will post some info just as soon as I can. In the meantime, you know where to find me....
Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 8:37 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home