Thursday, December 02, 2004

He Has a Name

December 2, 2004

We have chosen a name for our son: Satchel Cooper

We wanted a name that wasn't widely used, one that we associated some sort of goodness...or "goodliness" as we like to say. I thought of "Satchel" because of "Satchel Paige" who once said, "Work like you don't need the money...dance like nobody's watching...love like you've never been hurt"....very wise words about living life to the fullest (Maybe his last name should have been "Sage" instead of "Paige). When I mentioned the name to Robert he really liked it.

The middle name "Cooper" just felt good to us and the only Cooper I know is my friend Cooper Bates of "Hint Mints" whom I feel, is a truly good human.

Cooper and I met (figuratively) when he launched Hint Mints. I discovered a tin while wandering through Barnes & Noble. I loved that they contained NO animal products (unlike Altoids which contain gelatin) and I loved the design of the tin. What I didn't like was that the tin was co-branded with the Barnes & Noble logo, therefore I wouldn't buy it. So....I wrote to the vice president of Hint Mint (Cooper) and told him all this.

He wrote back AND sent me a six pack of hint mints without any advertising on them. He also told me that Hint Mint would no longer offer advertising space on their tins. This pleased me greatly. We nearly met (physically) when he came to the Javitz Center for a trade show...testing his chocolate Hint Mints (which I love), but our schedules got wonky and we (Robert and I) were unable to meet him for dinner.

So I have good associations with our son's name.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 4:27 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home