Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Egg Transfer and a Sense of Happiness



September 8, 2004

The procedure was one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. Once I was on the table I opened my gown to show the doctor my "Welcome Home" message on my belly. He laughed and one of the techs called more staff over to see it. There was a sense of happiness and anticipation in the room and everyone had their eyes fixed on the screen as the doctor positioned the equipment and catheter. He angled the montior so I could watch and someone slipped a pillow under my head so I could see everything. When he was ready to make the transfer he said, "Ok Wendy, this is it". I saw a small white burst inside my uterus and I gasped with amazment. The doctor asked, "How do you feel?" I replied, "I feel like crying...that was the most beautiful and amazing thing I've ever seen...thank you". He told me to "think positive and pregnant" and I told him that's what I've been doing all along. I had to remain there...horizontal for some time. Now I just have to take it easy for a couple of days and wait to see if it implants. There was no pain with this procedure...just elation. Tomorrow our morula officially becomes a blastocyst. I will celebrate...continue to send it thoughts of love...and cheer it on.

"nothing which we are to perceive in this world
equals the power of your intense fragility" - ee cummings

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 3:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home