Sunday, September 05, 2004

A Switcherooo

September 5, 2003

Last night I phoned my doctor and spoke to his nurse. After this third attempt, I was finally able to get them to allow me to use the Progesterone vaginal suppositories instead of the injection. My reasons were:

- Painful injection site
- No evidence to support that injection is better than suppository
- No evidence to support that the medication works at all.

My feelings are...why make IVF more painful and invasive than it has to be. Up until now, the injections were completely tolerable. The HCG was the only one that made me sore because it went into a muscle. Moreover, it is difficult for me to inject properly into my left side. As my right buttock was still sore from the HCG, I couldn't imagine injecting the same area up to 20 more times.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 3:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home