Monday, April 05, 2010

Most Alive Monday: Make a Joyful Noise

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche.


For some time, I've wanted to make a banging wall for S, but I didn't think it would go over well with the neighbors. Last week I saw this tutorial on how to construct one of those giant xylophones seen in children's museums. So, we went to Home Depot after lunch, and my husband, The Great Robinsky, whipped it up in no time flat.

It's fabulous and sounds lovely!

He cut one dowel in half to create two short sticks and left one dowel long so the wee folk can hit the high notes. I added a rubber cap to the sticks to soften the tone for the neighbors.

We hung it on a tree in the corner of the front yard nearest the trail so wandering kidlets (or kids at heart) can tap a tune whenever they want to. Now I would like to add a wind feature to the music tree, perhaps some chimes.

I'm totally obsessed with Wind Harps and want to make one or at least go see/hear one. And we're looking forward to seeing Billy Jonas again this summer! As you know, we are huge fans.


*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:34 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

1:47 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Oh! I want to make one of these too! And the banging wall? Heaven.

I don't have a child of my own yet, and am trying to adopt. But I still need these backyard instruments!

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home