Sunday, April 30, 2023

Ode to April

I wanted to speak at length about
The happiness of my body and the
Delight of my mind for it was
April, a night, a full moon and-

But something in myself for maybe
From somewhere other said: not too
Many words, please, in the muddy shallows the

Frogs are singing.  - Mary Oliver


Wherein, we went to the kite festival and launched octo-kite from Uncle Ray. 


The Dawn Chorus is back.  The Robins are out as are the Red Winged Blackbirds, and Martins. The Spring Peepers are singing, as well as the Gray Tree Frogs.  The tulips are up, and the apple tree is blooming. Peonies are up, as are the bunnies and the flora is leafing out.  Our fox family has expanded. 

I begrudgingly had to upgrade to a new-used phone, but it has a mind blowing camera and I look forward to photographing some night skies.  I was able to photograph venus for the first time ever.  I was able to do so without increasing my expense.  I'm relieved and grateful.  Finishing that long list of to-dos that I'm been working at for the last four years.  

Venus

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 We tried a new recipe from Cookie & Kate.  Roasted butternut squash tacos.  We added avocado and cotija.


I had my second infusion, and this year I didn't suffer the side effects of last year - huge relief!

I've merged my old site with the new, thus saving a few bucks per mo.  Radon mitigation is completed. 

 

 

We got some drawers for the bookcases in our library and resolved a storage situation.

There is a sense of relief and a new hope as I'm greatly enjoying my new role and team.  As I begin my CEs to maintain my credentials, I will do so in prep for a step up in the practice.  I have found the practice wherein I will plant my roots.

The cub went to prom!  



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He will soon begin his new journey into trade school, driving and adulthood. 

The stress and exhaustion of the last four years has been unimaginable, but this new chapter looks promising for us both.

We rescued a new kitten friend for our beautiful Charlee.  Her name is Cinder.







 

These words by Maggie Smith  - “The thing about birds. If we knew nothing of jays or wrens or sparrows, we’d believe the trees were singing as if each tree had its own song. The thing about this life, if we knew nothing of what was missing, what has been removed, it would look full and beautiful.”

*There is still Covid, and Russia is still attacking Ukraine.

 

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:05 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home