Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tears

I naively began writing Mother Rising as a way to quickly create a diary for my son. I realized as a new mother that time was no longer my own, and blogger had provided me with an easy way to record our days in photos and words. I had no idea at that time that anyone other than family and friends would actually read it.

Over the years, Mother Rising has evolved and grown...it has become a treasure trove of resources, connections and useful information, i.e. interviews, product/book reviews etc. In essence, I've shared by life, my heart...in words and images that have spanned 6 years.

Over the holiday something very strange happened. All the photos from my blog appeared on my phone and I received a crash warning. I checked the accounts and did not find a change in settings so I removed the photos. Then all the photos from my blog, and Mighty Girl Art site disappeared too. The thumbnails in the linkwithin widgets remain, as do some videos, but all the photos are gone.

I spent the day sobbing and am utterly devastated. While I have my original photos on my drive it may take years to manually re-upload each photo to the respective posts, if I can actually remember where they go. I can not find contact info for blogger/google/picasa to restore and synch the photos. If you have such info, I would greatly appreciate it.

As of now, I will be spending my days trying to manually repair my Mighty Girl Art Site first. Then I will begin trying to repair my family diary entries because the thought of not having these diary entries intact for my son is heartbreaking.

Since this will take a great deal of my time, I will not be repairing my product/book reviews or interviews. I sincerely apologize for the loss of these linked images.

Sincerely,
Wendy
Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 12:21 PM

6 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

*biggest hug* Thank you for sharing your life with us. I pray that you can get everything restored for your self and son, just focus on whatever is most important to you, we will survive on new posts. Best of luck! ^_^

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Coupon Trunk said...

It's funny how something that was wiped out instantly can take so long to fix. I hope you find a way to restore everything quickly!

10:36 PM  
Blogger bodhileaf said...

Oh I am so sorry. That is so upsetting. Thinking of you. X

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

I am so sorry Wendy. I wish I knew someone at google who knew how to fix this. Perhaps moving forward you can work with a different web host? I use bluehost as my sever and wrdpress software. Bluehost does automatic backups of my site automatically. I hope that your work is restored to you!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My heart aches for you!!! I can't even begin to imagine how I'd feel if that were to happen to me. Sooooo sorry for your loss and I do hope you are able to find a solution.

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this is helpful to you or not, but the thumbnail pics in the "You might also like:" sections after each blog entry show up for me (I use IE as a browser).

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home