Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Or Why I Never Shop in Department Stores

It's true, I hate shopping. I haven't purchased clothing since well before Satch was born. I repair before I re-purchase. But recently (after I sold a watch that I never wear) I realized that I honestly needed a few warm pieces and one summer top, so I called my favorite haunt.
  • because when you shop there, they remember you
  • because they're not afraid to say, "no, that doesn't look good on you"
  • because the garments are well made & comfortable
  • because the pieces are gorgeous & timeless
  • because they're machine washable (even the silk)
  • because a new purchase will always go with pieces from prior seasons a/o years like garanimals for adults
  • because the sales are real sales (I used to be the first one at the door for the day after xmas sale when everything was marked down to $20. It was my ritual and the only time I purchased clothing. I miss my hood and my peeps)
Thank you, SoHo, for keeping me warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and stylin' year round!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:16 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger margaret said...

You hadn't bought clothes since before Satch was born? I wish I could say the same. I have been quite the materialist lately. I'll have to think of you the next time I get the urge to shop. And, I know what you mean about garanimals. I like all of my clothes to match too!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Mouse said...

I hate shopping for clothes in France! All of those skinny femmes with supercilious smiles and "I'm sorry Madame, we have nothing large enough for you" and I am a UK size 12, ok a 14, on a good day!
Still, I have two wardrobes, pre-children (20 years old) and post children, ie sacks and shapeless skirts.
Vive la France
Vive la Femme plus grande!
PS you don't know me, I am a lurker from Kerri SMith's blog
How do you do?

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails