Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No Foolin'

Just in case you thought I was joking about my big old bag that I wear slung over my shoulder messenger's proof!

It's not vegan, but when I purchased it many years ago, it was looking only a little less worn than it does now...and I kept thinking, "someone better buy that former creature and love it else it's going to end up in the landfill". And after many days, maybe even weeks of deliberation, I closed my vegetarian eyes and forked over some cash and it's been a faithful companion ever since.

The buckle once broke and I took it to a little repair shop on East 28th street where a wonderful Russian man said, "Don vorry I make beeeeeutiful"...and he did. That buckle is MUCH stronger than the original. The leather has worn off in places giving it the look of brown suede...and where that has rubbed off, looks sort of whitish. I don't know why, but I'm really attached to this if it is some stray dog that followed me home and I've grown to love. I'm a one bag woman. So there you have it! That's my truth, for what it's worth.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 2:03 PM


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails