Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Most Alive Monday (on Tuesday)

On Saturday we hopped in the car and drove to Shenandoah National Park. We drove right through several clouds and were met with sunny, blue skies on the other side. It's a surreal feeling to be eye level with a cloud while both feet are on the ground. (I just had to add that I think my husband has the sexiest shoulders on earth)

Standing on a peak at 3100 feet, the earth looked like a patchwork of texture and color. The drifting clouds painted huge shadows, like moving puzzle pieces, on the valley floor and two falcons circled effortlessly near the ridge below us. It is hard to imagine from this vantage point that there is so much going on down there - comings and goings, laughter and sadness, births and partings, animals, people, machines. From up here all you can see is oneness. I read that the oldest rocks in the Blue Ridge Mountains were created over a billion years ago and the thought of it made me want to take my shoes off and dance on the first boulder I could find. I want to go back...SOON!

Our most alive choice was to visit the mountains first and then go to the art museum on Sunday and in doing so we discovered that the museum was free because it was the first Sunday of the month. This seems to be the natural rhythm of my life. (Add this to the list of reasons why I 'm the luckiest person on earth)

We walked through the Frida Kahlo exhibit quickly because Satch was clearly not in an artsy mood. Though only the day before, he had a complete melt down when we had to go out and he left our house, clutching his paintbox. During his bath I had to tape a piece of paper to the wall so he could paint while I bathed him. We were almost certain he would bring it into our bed to compete for space between his giraffe, owl, rabbit, dog and digger.

So we left the museum, in search of a park, and walked past the White House.

(Can I say that I find it just a little bit funny that it's behind bars since so much of what this administration does is truly criminal)

Satch spotted a small crack in the wall with dirt in it and began digging.

It doesn't matter where we go, Satch will always find a patch of dirt.

About Most Alive Monday:
I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive choice" in the comments section.

You may also post photos of your "most alive moments" in my most alive flickr pool! (If you post a photo in pool, be sure to include your link in the comment)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:11 AM


Blogger Karen said...

The four elements return to their nature like a child to his mother -- The Heart Sutra

11:45 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

Hi Wendy,

Karen sent me to you. I called for help and she answered, and mentioned that you know everything. (I am having sleep issues.)

I have been reading your blog and am really enjoying it. I am new to the blogging world.

Satchel is adorable!

I look forward to more reading!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

oh mika, thanks for reading.

and Karen thank you for making me laugh out loud, literally.

the truth is, mika, i know nothing.

i am, however, almost always tired.

much love,

2:56 PM  
Blogger Pixie Campbell said...

hot dang, you guys are cute. you know plenty! robert and brandon can have a sey shoulder standoff when we see you in may, however i doubt either party wants to participate in that action. LOVE the "chucks" as we call them!! (miles converse)
you are indeed most alive. when i awake from the dead i will participate in this business.

xoxoxoxo p

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails